(updated 19/05/2023 – for site map to parking)
Arriving by car?
Please use the Leisure centre entrance in Eastwood Road, Chatteris PE16 6FN.
Fenland Explorer Scouts will be on site to assist. Parking is free all day. Please advise the organising team in advance if you need disabled parking, so appropriate arrangements can be made.
We encourage you to car-share with other local volunteers attending the event to improve sustainability and reduce travel costs/expenses.
Scouting banners will guide you to the appropriate entrance to register.
0930 – 09:50: Registration
- Registration opens entrance from the leisure centre entrance car park (PE16 6FN)
- You will be given a lanyard, name badge and other relevant information when you register.
- Please wear your passes and ensure they are clearly visible through the day to help with catering and security arrangements etc.
- Hot and cold drinks will be available in the refectory
09:50: Please start making your way to the auditorium
Uniform or not?
- As this is an informal event, uniform is not required. Please do, however, wear your local scarf / necker.
- Scout casual clothing e.g. t-shirts, hoodies etc is encouraged.
- Ensure clothing is comfortable as you will be moving around the venue during the day.
Can I bring/use laptops/mobile phones or similar devices?
- As we want everyone to be fully engaged with the day, please refrain from using such devices during the conference and breakout sessions.
- Copies of the slide desk, supporting resources and FAQs will be provided following the conference.
Catering and refreshments
The following refreshments will be available during the day:
- 9:30am to 9:50am: Drinks available from the refectory
- Mid-morning light refreshments
- Buffet lunch in the refectory
- Mid-afternoon light refreshments
Please note that food is not allowed inside the auditorium/classrooms. Drinks with lids are okay.
Free water points are available to refill your own bottle.
Dietary requirements advised on your booking form have been shared with the (scouting) catering team to ensure we can provide alternatives, where required.
- All parts of the wing being used are accessible to all.
- As noted, please be aware you will need to make a short walk across the tarmac’d campus to move between the parking and the main building.
What to bring with you
- You may wish to bring a pen and notepad for the workshops and to make any notes.
- And most important, a sense of fun, a smile and excitement!
Photography / Media
- During the event, photos may be taken by an official photographer(s), and these may be used online or in printed literature by Cambridgeshire Scouts. By attending this event, you consent to the possibility of being photographed and your image being used in this manner. We’ll not seek to identify specific individuals by name in photographs, unless explicit consent for this is obtained from you first.
- If a specific image of you is used online by Cambridgeshire Scouts, and you wish us to withdraw consent for us to use that image, then please get in touch with us via email@example.com
Smoking / Vaping
Smoking/vaping is not allowed anywhere on the College site including within the grounds and car park areas.