Grants and funds for your local group
Whether you want to take your Scouts away for a new outdoor adventure, or simply need to do some repairs on the Scout HQ, there’s probably a grant or foundation you can apply to for support.
Time limited funding opportunities
Deadline for applications is 14th September 2023: The Peter Sell Annual Award
- Grants of up to £5,000.
- Match funding is not a specified requirement.
Who Can Apply and eligibility
- Eligible organisations must be part of the Scouts or Guides associations.
- Proposals that encourage people who have no previous engagement with scouting or guiding are encouraged.
- Applications should demonstrate that the award will have a legacy beyond the initial expenditure of the grant.
The (short) information pack can be found using this link
Other external funding opportunities/advice – no time limit
Applying for funding may seem daunting, but it’s not really. The main thing is to be really clear about what you’re asking for. Most trusts or foundations will only give funds for specific projects. The Scouts have put together some top tips on making your funding applications go as smoothly as possible. Links below are to The Scouts’ website which provides information and advice:
- Cost of Living Support Funding
- Grants from UK Headquarters
- Scouts Grants Committee
- Activities you can get funded
- Working with corporate and local businesses
- Where to apply for funding externally
- Grants between Counties, Districts and Groups
- Fundraising Support
- Writing a great funding application
- Gift Aid FAQs