Indoor accommodation has been booked at Curly Hill Scout Centre, Ilkley for the weekend of 12-14 July 2024. This is a great location for an introduction to hill walking, with nothing too high or too steep. The famous Ilkley Moor is just about within walking distance from the accommodation (wi’ or baht ‘at), although we’re more likely to drive to the start.
This trip is open to all Scouts, Explorers and adult members of Cambridgeshire Scouts, with any level of experience in the hills, to enjoy a weekend of hillwalking under the guidance of experienced hillwalking permit holders. Please note that Scouts under 12-1/2 years old must be accompanied by one of their Leaders or a parent with Scout DBS.
Limited minibus transport is available at extra cost, with priority given to Scouts and Explorers.
- Friday evening – Make your way to the accommodation – Allocate walking groups for the weekend.
- Saturday – full day in the hills. Permit training (if requested) will cover as much navigation, leadership, and general practical subject matter as is possible.
- Saturday evening – choose routes for Sunday, then chill out, possibly have a short night hike on the moor.
- Sunday morning to mid-afternoon – a shorter day on the hill.
- Sunday afternoon – clean accommodation ready for handover & return to Cambridgeshire.
The cost for the trip is £60, which covers accommodation and all meals From Saturday breakfast to Sunday lunch.
Places are limited and will be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis.
*** Bookings will open on 20th December***