Hillwalking permit training
10th September @ 8:30 pm - 12th September @ 5:30 pm
Over the weekend of 10-12 September, Cambridgeshire Mountain Activities Team (CambsMAT) are running a training weekend for Leaders who want to work towards a hillwalking permit.
Indoor accommodation been booked at Glenbrook Guide Centre in the Hope Valley and the plan is for up to 28 Leaders to be given intensive practical and theory training in the Dark Peak area of Derbyshire.
• Friday evening (starting 8:30) – 90 minute ‘classroom’ session
• Saturday – full day in the hills, covering as much navigation, leadership, and general practical subject matter as is possible
• Saturday evening – two 1-hour classroom sessions
• Sunday morning to mid-afternoon – hill day, extending and reinforcing Saturday’s session
• Sunday afternoon – practical session on-site
Additionally, there will be a 1-1/2 to 2-hour Zoom session on Tuesday 7th September.
This training is aimed at aspirant T1 permit holders and so we do not intend to cover any T2 specific training (i.e. no steep ground work, river crossing etc).
The cost will be £40, which covers accommodation and all meals From Saturday breakfast to Sunday lunch. Transport is not provided.
Contact the organiser to request an application form.
COVID and activity risk assessments will be sent to all attending, along with all other relevant information, a week prior to the event.