(Face-to-Face) Youth Mental Health First Aid
26th September @ 9:00 am - 27th September @ 5:00 pm
About this Event
About this course
This two day Mental Health First Aiders course provides a more in depth understanding of specific mental health issues and is delivered in four manageable chunks:−
- What is mental health?
- Depression and anxiety
- Suicide and psychosis
- Self-harm and eating disorders
It focuses on the issues faced by young people today, such as cyber bullying and substance misuse, and teaches how to promote protective factors.
Successfully completing the two day course qualifies you as a Youth Mental Health First Aider.
You need to attend both days (9am to 5pm), but no overnight stay is required.
- You will need to have your membership number to hand.
- Order confirmation and event reminder will go to the e-mail you enter
What happens once you have booked
- You will automatically receive an e-mail confirmation (containing all these details and precisely what you have booked).
- If you need to amend details or cancel the booking you can do so using the “view and manage your order online” link in your confirmation e-mail.
- An automatic e-mail will be sent as a reminder 48 hours before the course is due to start.
On the day
- The times stated are the times the course module will start, so please aim to arrive 15 minutes in advance so that you have time to register.
- Hot drinks will be available, but on both days you will need to bring your own packed lunch.
- You do not need to wear uniform or bring your confirmation e-mail / ticket with you.
- A notepad and pen will be useful.
This course is taking place at Littleport Scout Centre, Camel Road, Littleport.
After the course
- This course counts as “on-going learning” so you will be reminded about adding to your COMPASS record
- An automatic e-mail well be at the end of the day. This will ask for your help in shaping future events by providing feedback